Saturday, August 02, 2008

Tikkun' Michael Lerner refuses to answer

After waiting about six months to hear back from Tikkun magazine if they were going to publish my article or not on Jewish anti-Zionist window dressing organizations such as Tikkun, I used their "Ask Rabbi Lerner" question form what happened to my submission. I wanted to see if my assessment of Tikkun magazine was, as I suspected, Rabbi Michael Lerner's peace exploitation business enterprise . (Don't believe me? Check what it costs to join this "peace" activist organization of Michael's.)

To me, Michael Lerner's just another one of these enterprising activists who takes a good cause and sets up himself up as head frog in his own small frog's pond with lot's of public recognition which is, I suspect, the real reward these people seek for their work. Certainly success in what they claim to be about is absurd when one looks at the record, e..g , as we can see from the continuing news from Israel, Tikkun does absolutely zip to stop the Israeli progression towards it's South Africaaner fate fate as Israeli right-wingers continue to run that country into the ground.

So I asked the Rabbi:

"Why do you and all Zionists continue to insist Palestinians pay for European anti-Judaism? How did you ever become a religious leader with such moral myopia that excuses criminal acts against Palestinians as long as they have a corrupt U.N. authorization. I suspect your answer will be like your magazine's which rejected my anti-Zionist article without explanation."

To which the Rabbi responded:

"Dear Mr. Lewis,

I do n ot believe that Palestinians should pay for European
anti-Judaism in any greater sense than I believe that contemporary
whites and men should "pay" for the history of racism and
sexism--but I do believe in affirmative action quotas and programs
that will in fact negatively impact on contemporary whites and
men, even though they themselves did not originate or create the
global systems of racism and sexism which we are now seeking to
repair. So, I did not support the claim of whites in Boston when
they said that they wanted to keep their schools white, and
pointed out that their own great great grandparents served in the
Civil War to free Blacks from slavery. Yet I still believe that
court-ordered bussing and integration was appropriate, and so I
believe in affirmative action on an international plane as well.

None of that, however, has to do with the current reality in the
Middle East, which is that there is a State of Israel and it is
unjustly occupying the West Bank and Gaza. I challenge that, but I
don't challenge Israel's existence, anymore than I challenge the
existence of the United States or many other countries whose
origins were deeply unjust, genocidal and immoral.

If you seriously want to pursue this question any further, (I say
seriously because you obviously have paid no attention to the role
that Tikkun continues to play in critiquing the policies of the
State of Israel), you should first read my book Healing
Israel/Palestine and then get back to me."

Rabbi Michael Lerner

That book of Lerner's cost $16.oo and no way was I going to add my money to the rabbi's lifestyle fund. So I ordered the book through the Humboldt County Library system. I got through about the first 25 pages before realizing this book isn't going to tell the truth about Palestinians before skimming the rest as the book is, just as I thought, more Jewish apology for what cannot be apologized away--the theft arranged by super-power politics of a people's land and their lives in order to satisfy European and American Zionists.

I wrote Michael Lerner back with my opinions and of course, zero response because the guy's a fraud who's organization is, like I say, Zionist window-dressing to put a "oh, isn't it awful" phony face on one of the 20th and 21st centuries most ugly enduring human atrocities--the creation of a prison-state of the Holy Land by religious fanatics who don't care about other peoples lives in the way of their unholy religious myths.

No comments:

Steve Lewis Blog

A Biomystical Christian activist perspective on current events

We are Holy One

We are Holy One
Altarnative

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Prophesy bearer for four religious traditions, revealer of Christ's Sword, revealer of Josephine bearing the Spirit of Christ, revealer of the identity of God, revealer of the Celestial Torah astro-theological code within the Bible. Celestial Torah Christian Theologian, Climax Civilization theorist and activist, Eco-Village Organizer, Master Psychedelic Artist, Inventor of the Next Big Thing in wearable tech, and always your Prophet-At-Large.