Saturday, October 21, 2006

New Steve Lewis Blog Site


I'm doing some fall cleaning and rearranging on my blog site, getting ready to use it as my primary communication vehicle in Humboldt County seeing how my days as a regular columnist for the Eureka Reporter may be numbered...again. I think my last two anti-Zionist columns have done me in as editor Glenn Simmons told me the E.R. took quite a bit of heat for them.

In any event, my relationships with newspaper editors has always been problematic for me as I am one of those awful egotistical writers who sincerely believes he writes better than his editors and resents like crazy any messing with what I've written. Not exactly an attitude guaranteed to win the hearts and minds of people used to controlling writers under their flag but, hey, no one's paying me any salary at the Eureka Reporter so if I can't say what I want to say in the E.R. or Times-Standard, or NCJ, I can do it on my blog site. And thanks to my short tenure as a Eureka Reporter regular columnist plus all my hard-hitting op-eds and letters over the years, my name is now well known enough for Humboldt blog regulars to find me.

Editors, who needs 'em now that blogs-r-us!

8 comments:

Nick Bravo said...

If you want to work for a local paper after you get canned from ER may I suggest The Humboldt Sentinel? I hear the owner (Charles Douglas) is looking for people but can't find many who are qualified and have the time to get the budding paper going.

Humboldt is just a cash strapped place all the way around. Hopefully the new mayor will be pro-tourism.

Steve Lewis said...

What is the Humboldt Sentinel? Haven't seen one.

Nick Bravo said...

http://humboldtsentinel.com/

Right now it's only online and hasn't been updated since june.

Steve Lewis said...

Hmmm. Me thinks my communitarian politics might not be welcome by Mr. Douglas.

Nick Bravo said...

Wouldn't hurt to send him a resume.

You're both political crusaders in a way. Although, I think if you could explain your communitarian ideas in simpler terms then more people might buy into it.

Nick Bravo said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communitarian

is this what you mean by communitarian?

Also, how do you define "capitalism"?

My definition is as along the lines of there has to be a willing seller and a willing buyer for it to be capitalism.

Steve Lewis said...

Thanks, Nick, for the Wikipedia link. I actually went there and read it and found out I are a communitarian in every sense of the word as it has been redefined in the late 20th century. I didn't know I had the company!

I am going to post my old essay on "social capitalism" that also fits the communitarian mode of social change thinking.

Steve Lewis said...

I've got several more communitarian essays that I will be posting on my blog site here. They're all part of my book that I will be publishing online soon and publishing in print some day when I can afford to do so.

Steve Lewis Blog

A Biomystical Christian activist perspective on current events

We are Holy One

We are Holy One
Altarnative

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Prophesy bearer for four religious traditions, revealer of Christ's Sword, revealer of Josephine bearing the Spirit of Christ, revealer of the identity of God, revealer of the Celestial Torah astro-theological code within the Bible. Celestial Torah Christian Theologian, Climax Civilization theorist and activist, Eco-Village Organizer, Master Psychedelic Artist, Inventor of the Next Big Thing in wearable tech, and always your Prophet-At-Large.