Monday, October 20, 2008

Fortuna mayor John Campbell has passed

What can I say? I am a sad man today. I highly respected this man who took on this counterculture hippie activist in 1991 because he was big enough to see past my environmental politics and into what I really believed, which it turned wasn't all that much different from his own concerns. Humboldt County owes John Campbell more than they know in his Pacific Lumber Company stewardship under the strain of Maxxam's ever increasing demand for more trees. Like Roger Rodoni going on ahead, we all will be short another very good man here in Humboldt County once again this year.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I am with you on this one, Stephen.

Crystal said...

Thank you for your comments Stephen. I, too, am sad. His wife Margaret jokingly refers to me as her "green friend." I loved the man, and my heart goes out to his family.

Steve Lewis Blog

A Biomystical Christian activist perspective on current events

We are Holy One

We are Holy One
Altarnative

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Prophesy bearer for four religious traditions, revealer of Christ's Sword, revealer of Josephine bearing the Spirit of Christ, revealer of the identity of God, revealer of the Celestial Torah astro-theological code within the Bible. Celestial Torah Christian Theologian, Climax Civilization theorist and activist, Eco-Village Organizer, Master Psychedelic Artist, Inventor of the Next Big Thing in wearable tech, and always your Prophet-At-Large.